Monday 17 February 2014

Running still sucks

so running still stuck, and after having some weeks off, and trying to get back into it I feel like not only have I lost all the progress I had made before I broke my finger but I have gone backwards.

my new running partner olivia and her egg
This is a very depressing feeling, and somewhat debilitating, I mean where is the progress, technically speaking it should be easier for me to get back to where i was not harder. My education tells me that my body should still have some muscle memory from my training before, and even tho i have not run for 6 weeks and will definitely not be at the same level I was before injury, i should at least not find it as hard as I am finding it to actually physical run.
But reality is somewhat different.
I'm heavy and every step is hard work, its painful and I am not 'feeling it in any way'.

So what do I do?, well today we change direction and start a new path. for those of you who dont know I have signed up for the fjäll räven classic this year
www.fjallraven.com
this is a 110km trek through the kings rail at the top of Sweden, I have signed up to do this with my cousin, and am hoping to complete the trek in less than 3 days.

and what does this mean for your running program I hear you ask?
well here is my new plan.
because its not just about running its also about

  • using my body, 
  • feeling good, 
  • creating some head space, 
  • working towards a goal,
  • teaching y kids that exercise is important
and all those kinds of things, I have had to sit down and re think my program.
so to work around all those things that are taking me away from my training i have sat down and written a program that should work into my life instead of being a burden and making my life work around my training program,
essentially what I want to be getting in is, 
3 walks  - minimum 10 km
2 runs - minimum 1/2 hour - will probably be mostly taking the dog out for her exercise
3 rides - because riding my bike is not only a healthy and environmentally friendly way to get to and from the studio, our of all the cardio options I have cycling is by far my favourite.

so there it is people
oh and don't forget, 
squeaky and olivia in the snow
1 core w/o
and 1 functional fitness w/o

and there you have it
my training program for the next 10 weeks,
lets see how it goes.

speaking for core w/o's my training tip for this week will be on 
'what is my core and why must I turn it on?'

my diary says it time to go for a walk, so Ill collect the dog and head out.
thanks for reading

1 comment: