Friday 1 August 2014

110 km in the arctic circle

Next Friday I will set off on what will be my first big adventure of the year and quite frankly possible the hardest thing I have done in my life so far.
I have entered into the Fjäll Räven Classic.
http://www.fjallraven.com/classic

it is 110km or 11 swedish miles up in the north of Sweden.
I have done this walk before with Sofi when I first moved here, but this time it will be a little different,
I am aiming to complete the walk in 4 days, 
I find myself doing the maths of the walk and it works out that if we walk for 12 hours a day we should make it in time to get our flight home.
I am surprised at my complete lack of fear going into this walk. 
in my mind it seems like a big thing, when you say it out loud it seems like a thing that I should be scared that I cannot complete, instead I am inspired and excited.
in the helicopter from Kebnekaise to Nikkaloukta
I look forward to this challenge, I look forward to being physically exhausted, to finding out if my body can do this or if I am going to have to be helicoptered out.
(on my last trip we caught the helicopter from Kebnekaise Fjäll Station to Nikkaloukta. It was an awesome end to a fantastic trip.)
Right now with the trip 7 days away, I am fidgeting in my chair thinking about what I am about to go through.

It Shouldn't be that hard right, I mean just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
We shall see.
this time next week I may feel very different, but right now in this moment all I can say is Bring it on!
Tjäkta Passet
so stay tuned folks, Ill get back to you in a couple of weeks with news of the trip and photos of how awesome it was.











No comments:

Post a Comment