Monday 18 November 2013

Monday Runday

so true to form, after posting how much I was starting to love running last Monday, I had the crappiest run ever!

  • I was sore from training the night before.
  • I walked too fast at the start - it was cold and I was excited because of my new found love for running - and my legs didn't really like that.
  • I tried out a new pair of compression socks which were a huge fail.
  • when we got to the forest track there were no lights - see creepy guy in the forest - and after our experience a couple of weeks ago now way was I going to attempt a run on the rack when there were no lights, and subsequently no other runners.
  • we ran on the foot path / road - not a good thing to do for my legs especially taking into account the bad start and the wrong socks
  • we went to the sports hall down the road and ran on the outdoor track - BORING!!!
So after finding that I was starting to love my running I had what was the crappiest session in this adventure so far.
I missed my session on Friday due to reasons that include a sick 2 year old and just a little laziness


, and after a week of extreme tiredness and little good training I sit here in a Monday contemplating my Monday Runday.

magical vinter wonderland
Today I have decided to try something new - I am going to attempt to run into my studio.
its 10 k (or if you prefer a Swedish mile) -  a good distance.

As I write this I look outside my window and see that what was an ok start to the day has turned into a typically Swedish autumn day.
DARK COLD AND DREARY WITH JUST A LITTLE RAIN.
its not cold enough to snow - but dear got i wish it would. at least when it snows the world becomes a wonderful magical place. this is just depressing.

but never fear - Good to Go Jo is here.
with my never-ending stream of positive thinking I look forward to this run.
  • I need to take a back pack, and pack carefully - I must take with me my work gear and then I also need to ride my bike home (I left it at the studio last night) so I need to take riding gear also.
cool, I can try out my hydro pack for running, I have been using it for cycling for over a year now but i have never run with it - I hope it works our ok - we shall see.

 Marilyn  - just because
  • also I get to see how long this is going to take me - something I have wanted to find out since we opened in October.
  • I think I go through Vinterviken - it runs along the water and offers more trail running than road running.
And now - I am ready
Looking forward to running today -and taking note of my mistakes from last Monday lets see if today's Monday Runday can be a better one than last week.



No comments:

Post a Comment