Friday 29 November 2013

One step two step three step four - red step blue step one step more

I've had 3 runs since my last post, and what a mixed bag they have been.

I managed to run into the studio, 10.5 k's
Took me an hour and a half, with a back pack.
I went for a friday run with my training partner, that was business as usual,
I ran around the island on monday, about 10 k's, not sure my phone died half way through so i dont have all the stats.

Mondays run was an interesting process, I found my self starting with the usual rhetoric of not wanting to go out.

  • Its cold
  • I'm tired
  • I really should rest i have alot on today
  • Its cold
  • I dont really have the time for this
Bla bla bla...
And as i'm busy making excuses why not to run the part of me that has actually decided that im running today no matter what is actually going through the process of getting changed into my running gear and shutting up the studio, and before I knew it I was out the door and on my way.

This is a very sstrange process to me, its like there are two different people at war with each other in my head (yes Imay be crazy but hey, who isnt right?)- the one who wants to go out and do this thing, and the other who just wants me to stay in and be comfortable.
And as strange as it is, it is not that unfamiliar to me, its been going on for a long time, and for a long time the part of me that just wants to sit in was winning the argument, ( as a trainer this is not such a good thing, but thats a whole other subject).
I am happy that the winning side of me is the one that wants to get out and do things.
It make me feel good to go out running or riding or adventuring.
And as hard as the process of begining to run is, ( and its hard and painful and frustrating), there is a part of me that is enjoying every bit of it.
It gives me a sense of pride in my self  that i havent had for quite some time, I remember how I felt getting my first black belt, its a similar feeling, and the process is quite similar. Only I'm older and my body hurts more 😉.

But if you're wanting to get out there and be active, Ill say this, let the naysayer in your head have its moment, let it have its rant, but dont let it stop you from doing what you want.

When "they" say dont listen to the naysayers- this meant the ones in your own head too.

👍👊💪
😉
Be strong 
Love 
Have adventures

Good to go jo

No comments:

Post a Comment